TaoTronics SoundLiberty Pro P10 ANC Earbuds Review
The TaoTronics SoundLiberty Pro P10 earbuds are TaoTronic’s latest entry in the world of truly wireless Active Noise Cancellation earbuds. Placing Active Noise Cancellation technology into something small like these earbuds really helps with travel as they’re much easier to pack than traditional over-the-ear headphones like the Bose QC 35 II.
The SoundLiberty Pro P10 earbuds have a “stem” that points down towards your mouth with a shiny black finish. These are in-ear style earbuds — similar to the AirPods Pro — meaning that you have to make sure they “seal” into your ear for the best sound quality.
Performance on the SoundLiberty Pro P10 Earbuds
As far as sound quality, I think most people will be very satisfied with these earbuds. The in-ear tips help support a strong bass response, while mids and highs also come through very clearly. There is no app available specifically for these earbuds, so any customizations to the EQ must be done from your phone’s settings, if it supports doing so.
Active Noise Cancellation does a very good job of offsetting steady background sounds like the hum of an engine or the sound of a fan. It’s less effective against “sharper” sounds such as someone talking loudly or a blaring television set, however it still makes a noticeable reduction in the sounds around you. Active Noise Cancellation can be toggled by holding the touch sensor on the left earbud for 2 seconds.
Call quality was good as well, as callers stated they could hear my voice clearly. The Pro P10s do a good job of lowering the volume of ambient sounds around you for your caller, but the earbuds still occasionally pick up the voice of another person talking close by.
The SoundLiberty Pro P10 earbuds also support “ambient mode” for times when you want to “let in” the ambient sounds around you so you can be more aware of your surroundings. This feature can be activated by double-tapping on the touch sensor on the left earbud. While this feature works, it’s not as natural sounding as some of TaoTronics’ semi-in-ear buds such as the SoundLiberty 80.
Features of the SoundLiberty Pro P10
- Active Noise Cancellation: This helps drown out the outside world by offsetting the ambient sounds around. This makes the Pro P10s great for travel as they can help remove the engine hum on an airplane so you can enjoy your music or podcasts at a more comfortable volume.
- Anti-Wind Mode: Some Active Noise Cancellation headphones can become distorted if wind is blowing on the outside-facing microphones. The Anti-Wind mode helps to prevent this from happening when using the headphones outside on a windy day.
- Ambient Mode: For times when you need to hear what is going on around you, you can activate Ambient Mode. The Pro P10 earbuds will then use the outward-facing microphones to reproduce the sounds nearby and pipe them in to your ears.
- In-ear Detection: If you remove either earbud, your music will automatically pause.
- Single earbud use: You can use either the left or the right earbud by itself. Simply place the unused earbud back in the case and close it.
- IPX8 Water Resistance: You don’t need to worry sweat or water ruining these earbuds, but please note that the charging case is not waterproof.
The earbuds can last up to 9.5 hours on a single charge (with Active Noise Cancellation turned off). The charging case can supply about 2.5 recharges to the earbuds, providing up to 33 hours of total playback time.
The charging case can be recharged with a USB-C cable (included).
The TaoTronics Pro P10 earbuds bring effective Active Noise Cancellation in a convenient, compact size. Sound quality is great and Ambient Mode allows you to hear your surroundings when needed. Get up 9.5 hours of playback on a single charge, with the charging case providing an additional 2.5 charges.
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Ambient Mode
- IPX8 Water Resistance
- No accompanying app
- No custom EQ