SoundPEATS H1 Earbuds Review
The earbuds do not have a “stem” like the AirPods or AirPods Pro. The earbud unit sits within the perimeter of your ear. The earbuds have a black and silver matte finish with a single LED on the outside. The earbuds are comfortable to wear and seem to do a good job of staying in place.
SoundPEATS H1 Performance
The sound performance of the SoundPEATS H1 is very good, but you do need to make sure they are fully pushed into your ear for the best bass response. Mids and highs come through clear and bass is strong as long as the earbuds are properly sealed to your ear canal. I did find that moving my jaw a lot (like while chewing or yawning) can cause the earbuds to work themselves loose and diminish the bass somewhat.
While the SoundPEATS H1 do not feature Active Noise Cancellation technology, the Comply memory foam tips included with the earbuds do help them seal to your ears for passive noise cancellation. Therefore, they will somewhat drown out background noise, but don’t expect the results you would get from earbuds with dedicated Active Noise Cancellation tech. Still, these should be good enough for a short commute on public transportation.
For the microphones, the earbuds include cVc 8.0 technology, which helps filter out background sounds while in a phone call. Callers reported that they could hear me clearly during a phone call. However, I did find that the earbuds tend to pick up other people talking and other sounds in the room more than the Apple AirPods.
- Single earbud use: You can use either earbud by itself thanks to TrueWireless Mirroring Technology. Simply return the unused earbud to the charging case. In testing this feature, I found it to be fairly seamless as the switchover happens very quickly.
- Game mode: You can access game mode by tapping the left earbud 3 times. This reduces latency to as low as 60ms, making them ideal for mobile gaming.
- “Hi SoundPEATS”: On most Bluetooth earbuds, you need to tap or press a certain key sequence to activate Siri or Google Assistant. However, with the SOUNDPEATS H1, you can say, “Hi SoundPEATS” and the earbuds will automatically activate your phone’s voice assistant.
- IPX5 water resistance: The earbuds are splash proof, but should not be worn in the shower or submerged in water.
Battery Life on the SoundPEATS H1
The earbuds themselves can achieve up to 10 hours of playback time on a single charge. The charging case provides 3 additional charges for a total of up to 40 hours of listening time before the case needs to be charged.
The charging case can be recharged with the included USB-C cable or a Qi-compatible wireless charging pad.
- Bluetooth Version 5.2
- Supported codecs: aptX Adaptive, SBC, AAC
- Bluetooth Chipset: Qualcomm® QCC3040
The SoundPEATS H1 earbuds feature great sound quality in a very portable size. While they don’t have Active Noise Cancellation, they passively block out much of the outside world and feature a gaming mode, wireless Qi charging, and up to 10 hours of playback time on a single charge.
- Great sound quality
- Long battery life
- Gaming mode
- No Active Noise Cancellation
- Microphones sometimes pick up background noise