What’s the difference between the eufy Lumos Smart Bulb 2.0 (Tunable White) vs Philips Hue White Ambiance?
eufy Lumos Smart Bulb 2.0 (Tunable White) vs Philips Hue White
The eufy Lumos Tunable White v2.0 smart light bulb gives you much of the functionality of the more expensive Philips Hue bulbs. Like the Philips Hue bulbs, the eufy Lumos bulbs allow you to:
- Control the bulb with an app whether you’re home or away
- Control the bulb with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Dim the bulb to your liking
- Set schedules for the bulb to automatically turn on and off
- Select from different color temperatures such as warm white for relaxing and cool white for concentration.
Both bulbs offer similar maximum brightness and the same range of color temperature from a yellow white to a blue white.
The setup process for the Eufy Lumos 2.0 bulb is fairly straightforward.
- Install the bulb in your light fixture and turn on the power
- Open the Eufy app and login (or create an account if you’re a first time user)
- Tap the + icon in the Eufy app and select “Smart Bulb”
- Follow the instructions in the app, which involves typing in your WiFi password and then connecting to the bulb’s own temporary WiFi network to complete setup.
What’s new with version 2.0 of the Lumos bulb?
If you’re wondering what has changed from version 1.0 of the Lumos bulb, the main difference is that version 2.0 is a smaller size (2.36 x 2.36 x 4.2in) and fits in more lighting fixtures than the previous generation (2.56 x 2.56 x 5.5in).
Which bulb should you choose?
If Apple HomeKit and IFTTT support are important to you, then you’ll probably want to spend the extra cash on the Philips Hue bulbs.
If you do not already have a Philips Hue hub and you’re not concerned about Apple HomeKit support, then the eufy Lumos bulb can give you much of the functionality of a Philips Hue bulb while allowing you to save some cash.
The eufy Lumos bulb is a quick and easy way to get starting with your smart home. Version 2.0 of the bulb features a smaller size to better fit in your existing lamps. The bulbs can be controlled by the eufy app, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, but is missing Apple HomeKit and IFTTT integrations.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support
- No hub required
- Warm White and Cool White support
- No Apple HomeKit or IFTTT integrations