RAVPower Magnetic Wireless Charger for iPhone 12
The RAVPower Magnetic Wireless Charger sports a similar design as Apple’s MagSafe charger. Instead of a white and silver design, the RAVPower Magnetic Wireless charger features a dark gray aluminum back with a black pad on the side that faces the iPhone. The charging puck is permanently attached to a USB-C cable.
Unlike Apple’s official MagSafe charger, this RAVPower charger comes with a small USB-C wall charger that is capable of providing a 20 watt charge with a Lightning to USB-C cable (not included) if you wanted to use it for wired charging.
So why choose a magnetic charger over a standard Qi charger? The main benefit is that you can pick up your phone without stopping the wireless charge since the magnets hold the pad against your phone. You can also position the cord for the puck in a place that doesn’t interfere with how you hold or rest your phone.
Although the included USB-C wall charger is capable of outputting up to 20 watts, I haven’t seen it exceed 7.5 watts when using the RAVPower magnetic wireless charging puck. This is likely due to Apple’s restriction of limiting third-party Qi chargers to 7.5 watts.
Interestingly, the RAVPower Magnetic Wireless Charger does show the MagSafe animation when attached to the iPhone, something that doesn’t occur with standard Qi chargers.
The magnets are not quite as strong the ones in Apple’s MagSafe charger, which actually makes it easier to remove it from your iPhone (I feel like I need to sometimes pry the Apple MagSafe charger off of my phone). The RAVPower’s magnets are strong enough that the pad stays securely against your phone while charging.
- Wall adapter included: It seems that most Qi chargers on Amazon do not come with a wall charger, but this magnetic charger from RAVPower does indeed include one.
- Fast 7.5 watt charging: While it doesn’t seem to be able to reach the 15 watt output of Apple’s official MagSafe charger, it does provide a faster 7.5 watt charger (compared to standard Qi chargers that output 5 watts).
- Magnetic attachment: The charging puck aligns automatically thanks to the built-in magnets, much like the official Apple MagSafe charger.
The RAVPower Magnetic Wireless Charger isn't quite as fast as the official Apple MagSafe charger, but it's cheaper and includes a USB-C wall charger. The magnets hold the charger securely against your phone and provides a fast 7.5 watt charge to the iPhone 12.
- USB-C wall charger included
- Magnets hold charger securely
- Charging seems limited to 7.5 watts