Dell S272NX 27-inch IPS LED Monitor Review
Technically Well is supported by our readers. When you purchase an item through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more in our disclosures.
Setup and Design
The monitor was conveniently packaged in its box. When opening the box as directed, you can access the back of the monitor immediately for installing your wall mount bracket if you wish to do so. Otherwise, you can install the included base. I was surprised to find that an HDMI cable is also included in the packaging.
The monitor has a very minimal design with a very thin bezel around the top and sides (the bottom bezel is a little larger). The buttons for power and navigating the on-screen menus are located on the bottom of the monitor.
I fired up Fortnite to test this monitor out for gaming. It definitely did not disappoint! Graphics are sharp and I did not notice any issues with responsiveness or ghosting. I also found the monitor to work well for working-from-home as well as doing photo editing.
The LED backlight and IPS display provides a consistent viewing experience across the display, even if you’re viewing the monitor from an angle or if you’re looking up at the monitor while slouched in your chair.
- 4ms response time: A low response time is a must-have for gaming, and the Dell S2721NX monitor’s low 4ms worked great for Fortnite gaming. I did not have any issues with delays or ghosting while playing.
- FreeSync: This prevents “tearing” in fast-moving game play. This Dell monitor supports this technology (if your graphics card also supports it).
- IPS: An “IPS” display means that the picture looks consistent from an angle. This Dell monitor looks great whether you’re sitting directly in front of it, or if you’re slouched in your seat and not seeing it head-on.
- VESA Mount: I was able to mount this monitor to the wall thanks to the standard 100 mm x 100 mm VESA holes.
- ComfortView: Although the shift to warmer colors is built-in to many operating systems now, you can manually reduce the amount of blue light with the “ComfortView” setting directly on the monitor.
Overall, the Dell S2721NX monitor is great for both gaming and working-from-home alike. The sharp display, uniform lighting and fast response time make this a great choice for your gaming rig or home office.
- Uniform LED backlight
- FreeSync technology
- 4ms response time
- No speakers
Dell S2721NX Monitor - 27" LED FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution - 4 ms response time - 2x HDMI 1.4 - Refresh rate of 75Hz - 1,000 : 1 contrast ratio - 300 cd/m2 brightness - tilt - VESA mountable - built-in cable management slot - AMD FreeSync - Dell Display Manager