Want to add Bluetooth capabilities to your older devices. Aukey’s Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver can upgrade your TV, stereo, or car receiver with Bluetooth capabilities.
This device is unique in that it provides two functions:
- Receiver: The receiving function of this Aukey unit is useful if you have a speaker or a stereo system that does not have Bluetooth, but does have an AUX input. You can use included 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable to connect this to your speaker or stereo and stream music from your phone wirelessly over Bluetooth. [Phone –> Aukey unit –> Stereo]
- Transmitter: If you have a pair a Bluetooth headphones and you want to listen to the TV privately, you can set this Aukey unit to Trasmitter mode and use the included stereo cable to connect this unit to the audio out jacks of your TV. If you pair your Bluetooth headphones to the Aukey unit, and you can listen to the TV without disturbing others. [TV –> Aukey unit –> Bluetooth headphones]
I also like
- Minimal lag: While connected to my TV using the included RCA (red and white) cables, I noticed very little lag on my Bluetooth earbuds. The actors’ lips on TV seemed to sync up with the sound fine. There was a tiny bit of lag if I watched closely, but not enough to ruin the viewing experience.
- Built-in battery: This unit is portable and doesn’t require a separate power connection. It can be recharged with a standard Micro USB connection and lasts between 6-8 hours. The manufacturer notes that you can charge and use the unit at the same time (just note that it will turn off if you connect it to charge while in use, so you’ll want to connect it to power before you start streaming music).
- Small size: The unit isn’t unsightly and can be discreetly connected to your stereo or car receiver’s AUX input.
- Sound quality: Music sounds fine when it is both transmitted or received by this unit. I have no complaints about the sound quality.
- Power: I wish it was like the Chromecast where I could connect it to my TV’s USB port and it will automatically come on when I power on the TV and power down when the TV is off. But that is just my suggestion.
Overall, this is a very handy and versatile unit to have on hand if you have older speakers or a car stereo that does not have Bluetooth, or if you simply want to make your TV Bluetooth-enabled. It allows you to both transmit and receive sound over Bluetooth.