Anker SoundCore Mini Bluetooth Speaker Review
Good bass rarely comes in small packages, but Anker’s ultraportable SoundCore Mini bluetooth speaker seems to break that rule.
The Anker SoundCore Mini has great sound (with some bass!) and a lot of functionality. It supports Bluetooth, auxiliary input, FM radio and Micro SD card playback. The small size makes it very portable with up to 15 hours of playback time. And the aluminum finish looks great on any desk.
- Surprisingly good sound and bass in a small design
- Micro SD playback and FM radio
- Up to 15 hour runtime
- Inability to tell what FM station you're listening to
- No tether for hanging from backpack
- Sound quality: The Mini features a 5-watt driver and passive subwoofer which provides surprisingly great sound quality. There is also decent bass from this unit. It’s not going to rattle the windows or anything, but it is definitely more noticeable compared to many other speakers at this size.
- Playback options: The Mini gives you 4 playback options: Bluetooth, auxiliary input, FM radio and Micro SD card playback. Therefore, you can use it even when it is not paired to a phone. There are playback controls on the front, allowing you to play and pause, adjust the volume and change the track (by holding down the volume buttons). Please note that the recommended maximum Micro SD card size is 32GB.
- Battery life: The Mini can last up to 15 hours, making it ideal for long hikes or camping trips. It’s even great to have on hand for power outages.
- Speakerphone: There is a built-in microphone, so you can answer phone calls using the speaker. Simply press the Play button when you’re phone rings. You can also activate Siri by holding down the Play button for 2 seconds.
- FM tuning: There is really no way to tell what FM station you’re listening to. The speaker will automatically scan and tune into any channels that are within range (it uses the Micro USB cable as an antennae), but there is no display on the speaker to show what station is on.
- No tether: There is no tether attachment to hang this speaker from your backpack or bag.
Overall, the SoundCore Mini has surprisingly great sound and the bass has a little bit of a kick to it. The additional FM radio and Micro SD card support also allow you to use the speaker without connecting it to your phone.
Check out the Anker SoundCore Mini on Amazon