Anker SoundCore 2 Bluetooth Speaker Review 2017
- Improved bass
- Water resistance
- Long-lasting battery
Anker has taken their successful Anker SoundCore speaker and tweaked it to make it even better. Check out what’s new with the Anker SoundCore 2.
If you’re wondering what’s different between the SoundCore 2 and the SoundCore 1, check out this comparison chart of the two speakers.
- NEW! Enhanced bass: The bass response on the original SoundCore was good, but it has been enhanced even further on the SoundCore 2. There is a larger bass radiator on the front-center of the SoundCore 2 that boosts lows and makes both music and podcasts sound great. The bass is not heavy, so don’t expect window-rattling sound that would annoy the neighbors. However, it is a nice boost from the original model.
- NEW! Covered ports: On the original SoundCore model, the charging and Aux input ports were exposed. There is now a cover over these ports on the SoundCore 2, with a small protrusion on the cover to aid in opening it. This provides some additional protection to the speaker to keep out dust and light water droplets, but the speaker is not completely waterproof.
- Clarity: I’m pleased to find that the music clarity of the mids and highs was maintained from the original SoundCore model, which was one of the features that made the original model so popular. Therefore, you will find similar sound quality with a further enhancement to the bass.
- Speakerphone: I tested out the speakerphone feature of this speaker and the caller found the sound quality to be very good and could hear me well, but he could definitely tell that I was not on my iPhone. There was some background hiss due to the lack of noise cancellation, so you will not be able to use the speakerphone effectively in a noisy environment.
- Siri control: You can call up Siri by holding the “Play” button for 2 seconds. This allows you to ask Siri to pull up your favorite playlist or to send a text message without picking up your iPhone.
- Long battery life: Like the original SoundCore, the SoundCore 2 can run up to 24 hours on a single charge. I found this to accurate as I was able to use the speaker a few hours each day and I only found myself charging the speaker about once a week. You can keep tabs on the battery status with the indicator on the iOS status bar.
- Form factor: The speaker retains virtually the same form factor of the original SoundCore, but with rounded corners.
- High volume: At high volumes (at about 75% of the max volume according to the iPhone volume control), the speaker emphasizes highs and begins to sound “tinny” and even a little “screechy” at times. This issue is actually worse than what I found on the original SoundCore. So this speaker would not be ideal for large parties or for using outdoors. However, this shouldn’t be expected given the speaker’s size.
Overall. if you loved the original SoundCore, you’ll love the SoundCore 2. You can expect similar sound quality with a little more kick to the bass, as well as long battery life and great portability.
Check out the Anker SoundCore 2 on Amazon
Anker SoundCore 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Better Bass, 24-Hour Playtime, 66ft Bluetooth Range, IPX5 Water Resistance & Built-in Mic — Dual-Driver Wireless Speaker for iPhone, Samsung etc
- Upgraded Audio: Engineered to deliver the same build and clarity as the original SoundCore, with upgraded 2x 6W high-performance drivers.
- Bigger Bass: Anker's trademark BassUp technology provides a wide sound range, with deep lows.
- Incredible Battery Life: 24-hour / 500-song playtime powered by a built-in high capacity Li-ion battery and Anker's industry-leading power management technology.
- Play Everywhere: "Grab-and-go" portable design, plus IPX5 water-resistance and dustproof rating means you can listen effortlessly in any environment.
- What You Get: Anker SoundCore 2 Bluetooth speaker, Micro USB charging cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.