RAVPower 40W 2-Port USB-C Wall Charger
Technically Well is supported by our readers. When you purchase an item through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more in our disclosures.
The design of this RAVPower 40W charger is very similar to RAVPower’s 65W charger that we previously reviewed, coming in at just a hair smaller. Thanks to the GaN technology, RAVPower is able to make these chargers surprisingly compact, making them ideal for travel.
There is a small blue LED that lights up any time the charger is receiving power. The LED is not very bright and should be fine for a dark bedroom at night.
The dimensions of the charging block are 2.04 x 2.04 x 1.18 in. It’s only a little bit larger than the Apple 20W USB-C charger, but gives you twice the ports and double the power!
- Two USB-C ports: This allows you to charge two devices at the same time, such as two phones. Many laptops need at least 30 watts to charger, which this charger can provide if only one port is in use.
- Foldable plugs: Being able to fold the prongs makes this charger ideal for travel.
- Dim LED: The blue LED is dim and subtle, so it shouldn’t keep you up at night if you’re using the charger in the bedroom.
These tests were performed with 1 port of the RAVPower PD wall charger in use.
The RAVPower PD wall charger successfully supported the Nintendo Switch’s 15V charging profile, allowing you to play in handheld mode and charge at the same time.
The RAVPower PD wall charger supported my Dell Chromebook’s 12V profile, allowing it to charge quickly, but not at full speed which would be using the 20V profile.
Acer R13 Chromebook
The Acer R13 Chromebook doesn’t officially support the Power Delivery standards, but the RAVPower PD wall charger was able to support its 12V profile and charge it. However, it was not able to achieve full speed charging which would have been at 15V.
Lenovo 14W Laptop
My Lenovo 14W Laptop (powered by Ubuntu!) was able to be charged with its 20V profile with the RAVPower PD wall charger.
- PD Output: 5V⎓3A, 9V⎓3A, 12V⎓2.5A, 15V⎓2A, 20V⎓1.5A
- 30 watts max each port and a 40 watt maximum of the two ports combined
While the RAVPower 40W 2-Port USB-C charger is ideal for fast charging two iPhones at the same time, it can also charge other USB-C devices such as Chromebooks and the Nintendo Switch when only using one port.
- Two USB-C ports
- Compact design
- Travel-friendly foldable prongs
- May not be able to charge larger devices if both ports are in use