Jackery Bolt 6000mAh Power Bank Review
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
Jackery makes charging-on-the-go convenient with the Bolt power bank that features two built-in charging cables.
The design of the Bolt has been updated and addresses the issue with using it with a phone case. Check out my updated Jackery Bolt review for 2017.
- Built-in charging cords: Probably the biggest advantage of the Jackery Bolt is that it has both a built-in MFi-certified Lightning cable and a built-in Micro USB charging cable. Both cables tuck nicely into the sides of the power bank, making it an ideal “grab and go” power bank.
- 6000mAh capacity: This provides enough juice for about 2 full recharges to most smartphones, or a partial charge to an iPad.
- 2.4 amp output: If you want to (partially) charge an iPad or tablet quickly, the 2.4 amp output on this unit allows your device to charge a full speed. 1 amp gadgets (such as smartphones) charge fine with this power bank as well.
- 2 amp input: You don’t need to wait around all day for this power bank to recharge. If you use a 2 amp charging brick (such as the one that came with your iPad, or this AmazonBasics unit) to recharge this unit, it can typically be done in about 4 hours.
- Sleek design: The brush aluminum, black finish gives this power bank a very nice overall appearance (although, I am missing Jackery’s signature orange power banks).
- Built-in flashlight: A small LED can be turned on to light your path in the dark with two taps of the power button.
- Not case friendly: This was close to being a perfect power bank, but the Lightning connector does not protrude enough to fit most iPhone cases. So you’ll likely need to remove your phone’s case to use the built-in charging cables. Or use your own charging cable with the full-sized USB port on the power bank.
- No built-in cable for recharging the power bank: To recharge the power bank itself, you’ll still need to remember to bring the included Micro USB cable (and a USB wall charger, which is not included).
Overall, I like the convenience of this power bank as you don’t need to remember to bring your own charging cable. I just wish the Lightning connector would stick out more so it would fit my case. If you don’t use a case (or have a case that’s very open on the bottom), then this would not be an issue for you.
Check out the Jackery Bolt external battery on Amazon
— Sample provided for review
Built-in Lightning (iPhone) and Micro USB (Android) cables make this power bank ultra-convenient for grab-and-go charging. However, the connectors may not reach your charging port if you have a case on your phone.