watchOS 4 was announced today, and with it comes some great new fitness-oriented features.
- Daily inspiration: You’ll receive personalized progress updates throughout your day giving you encouragement to “close your rings” each day.
- Monthly Challenge: Apple Watch will give you personalized challenges based on what you accomplished the month before. For example, if you completed 8 workouts last month, it will encourage to complete 9 workouts this month.
- Celebration: New full-screen animations help you celebrate your daily goal victories.
- HIIT tracking: An update to the Workout app will use both heart rate and motion monitoring to accurately track your High Intensity Interval Training sessions.
- Gym equipment sync: Apple has partnered with gym equipment manufacturers like TechnoGym and Cyber to gather additional metrics about your workout.
- Quick switch: You can string together multiple workouts more easily in the Workout app by starting a new workout immediately after your current one.
- Music: The Music app receives several updates to better navigate your music library and playlists.
Look for the watchOS 4 update to be released this fall!