Soundcore Mini 3 Pro Review
The Soundcore Mini 3 Pro is about the size of a cup of coffee. The dimensions are 2.8 x 2.8 x 3.6 inches. The buttons are located towards the bottom of the speaker and can be a little difficult to see as the symbols are black on a black background, so you may find yourself holding the speaker up to a light in order to find the power button.
There is an LED light ring on the top of the speaker, along with a very convenient carrying strap that is permanently attached to the speaker. This makes it easy to carry the speaker with you or hang it to something like a hook or tree branch.
The round design of the speaker allows you to enjoy your music from any angle.
The Soundcore Mini 3 Pro sounds surprisingly good given the small size! The mids and highs come through best, but when the speaker is sitting near a wall, it really kicks up the bass and enhances the lows nicely. The bass also sounds good sitting on a table or other flat surface. The bass decreases a little bit when you’re carrying the speaker or hanging it up, but music still sounds great. If you find that the bass is too strong when it is sitting up against a wall, you can turn off the “BassUp” feature with the Soundcore app.
Obviously, it’s not going to sound as good as a much larger speaker, but it’s more than adequate for personal listening at home or for a small group of friends having dinner on the deck, for example. I’m still surprised that this speaker is only 6 watts!
- Carrying strap: I owned the original Soundcore Mini 1 speaker and bought a case for it that had a carrying strap so I could hang it from my backpack while hiking. I’m happy to see that the Soundcore Mini Pro 3 has a built-in carrying strap, so no additional accessory is needed to hang it!
- Lighting modes: There are several lighting modes for the two LED light rings: Party Time, Phasing Beats, Bouncing Beats, Circle Beam, and Cool Breath. The lighting modes can be changed by using the Soundcore app. The app also gives you some additional options for the built-in animations, which are mainly just selecting different color options. You can also turn off the lights by quickly tapping the power button.
- Water resistant: The Soundcore Mini Pro 3 has an IPX7 rating, which means it can be submerged in water (up to 3.3 feet) for up to 30 minutes, so it’s safe to use pool-side.
- PartyCast: You can link this speaker up to 100 other Soundcore speakers with “PartyCast” technology, which is mainly limited to Soundcore’s newer speakers. Please note that this is not True Wireless Stereo sound as all of the linked speakers will play the same thing (not one specific audio channel).
How to User PartyCast with the Soundcore Mini 3 Pro
- First, pair one speaker to your phone as normal and leave it on and connected. This will be your “primary” speaker.
- On this primary speaker, hold down the Bluetooth button for at least 2 seconds, until you hear two tones that sound like an echo.
- Power on one of your “extra” Soundcore speakers. Hold down the Bluetooth button on it for 2 second until you hear the same two tones that sound like an echo.
- On the “extra” speaker, DOUBLE TAP the Bluetooth button (don’t hold it down this time). The extra speaker will then connect to your primary speaker and when you play music to the primary, you should hear it on the secondary speaker.
The Mini Pro 3 can last up to 15 hours on a single charge with the lights off. The speaker can be recharged with a USB-C cable (which is included) and a powered USB port or charger (not included).
Soundcore Mini 3 Pro vs Soundcore Mini 3
So what’s the difference between the Soundcore Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro version? The main difference is that the Mini 3 Pro has an LED light ring on the top of the speaker. The regular Mini 3 speaker does not.
It appears that the Soundcore Mini 3 Pro (with the LED light ring) is only available at BestBuy at the time of this review. Amazon has the non-Pro version.
The Soundcore Mini 3 Pro is a great speaker with surprisingly good sound and bass, and a cool LED light ring. It is water resistant, has long battery life, and can be wirelessly connected with additional PartyCast speakers.
- Great sound in a small size
- IPX7 water resistance
- Built-in carrying strap
- No FM radio or Micro SD card support