RAVPower 30000mAh 90W PD USB-C Power Bank
The power bank features a black, matte plastic exterior with two ports:
- USB-C Power Delivery (PD) input and output port
- USB-A port
There is also a power button that, upon pressing it, lights up to 4 blue LEDs to indicate the remaining charge of the power bank.
Inside the package, the power bank includes an instruction manual and a 39.4 inch USB-C to USB-C charging cable. The dimensions of the power bank are 5.9 in x 3.4 in x 1 in.
- USB-C output: The USB-C port on the power bank can output up to 90 watts of power max. This is enough to satisfy most Macbooks and USB-C Power Delivery-compliant laptops, but can also charge smaller USB-C devices such as the Nintendo Switch.
- USB-C input: The USB-C port also serves as an input for recharging the power bank itself. Most Power Delivery-compliant USB-C wall adapters should work to recharge the power bank. The power bank can accepts up to a maximum of 60 watts (20V⎓3A), so the more powerful the wall adapter, the faster the power bank will recharge.
- USB-A output: The power bank also has a standard USB port that can be used to recharge iPhones, iPads, Android phones, Bluetooth speakers and the like. There is no USB-A cable included with the power bank, so you’ll need to use the device’s charging cable to plug into the power bank.
- Programmable Power Supply (PPS) Support: This enables fast charging for Samsung Galaxy S20/20+ phones.
- 30,000mAh capacity: This is larger than many other power banks and it’s important to note that at this size, it cannot be taken on your carry-on on airplanes. Using the standard USB-A port, you can charge an iPhone up to 6-7 times with this power bank. When charging a laptop, you can expect about 1 charge from the power bank before the power bank needs recharged (some energy is loss in the power conversion to the higher voltages).
The RAVPower PD power bank supports the Nintendo Switch’s 15V profile, allowing you to play in handheld mode and charge at the same time.
Acer R13 Chromebook
The Acer R13 Chromebook has a USB-C port, but does not seem to comply with the Power Delivery standards. However, the RAVPower PD power bank was able to support the Chromebook’s 15V charging profile.
RAVPower’s PD power bank supports the Dell Chromebook’s 20V charging profile, allowing it to charge at full speed.
Lenovo 14W Laptop
My Lenovo 14W Laptop (powered by Ubuntu!) was able to be charged with its 20V profile with the RAVPower PD power bank.
- USB-C PD Input: 5V⎓3A, 9V⎓3A, 12V⎓3A, 15V⎓3A, 20V⎓3A, 60W Max
- USB-C PD Output: 5V⎓3A, 9V⎓3A, 12V⎓3A, 15V⎓3A, 20V⎓4.5A, 90W Max
- USB-A iSmart Output: 5V⎓3A, 9V⎓2A, 12V⎓1.5A, 18W Max
- Total Output: PD 65W + iSmart 18W, Total 83W Max
The RAVPower Power Delivery power bank allows you to charge most PD-compliant devices at full speed. It's important to note that the large 30,000mAh capacity cannot be carried onto airplanes, and the full capacity may not be realized when charging higher voltage devices due to the energy conversion.
- USB-C and USB-A ports
- 30000mAh capacity
- Power loss due to conversion