Originally announced at Apple’s September iPhone event, but noticeably absent at the iPhone 5S launch, the Nike+ Moves app is now available to download.
The Nike+ Move app uses the iPhone 5S’ new M7 processor to track your activity level while having a minimal impact on battery life. Surprisingly, when first launching the app, you’ll find that it already has 7 days of activity information for you, as the M7 processor apparently has been already at work collecting this data.
Unfortunately, for those of you that already have a Nike+ account to track your runs, you won’t find any of the Moves data uploaded to your Nike+ dashboard on the website. However, Nike+ Moves does integrate with the iOS Game Center, so you can compare your Nike+ Fuel with your other iPhone 5S friends.
Below are the release notes:
Nike+ Move is the simplest way to capture your every move, and motivate you to move more!
Exclusively for use with iPhone 5S, Nike+ Move uses the M7 coprocessor to convert your movement into NikeFuel, the first-ever single, universal unit for measuring all kinds of activities. No matter your age, weight or gender, the same activity earns you the same amount of NikeFuel.
Nike+ Move offers insight into when you move, how you move and where you move – and lets you challenge your friends to see who moves more.
• Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
• See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
• Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
• See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
• See where you’re moving and where you move the most each day.
• Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
*Note: iPhone 5S is required to get motivated with Nike+ Move.
You can find the app now in the iTunes App Store.