The MAXOAK 36000mAh power bank is one of the few external batteries on the market that can recharge MacBooks.
- MacBook charging: This is one of the few power banks I’ve seen that can handle MacBook charging. This external battery supports many MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models (be sure to check the product listing for the complete list). I tested it out with my 13″ MacBook Air (mid-2013) and it charged without an issue with the included adapter. This is nice especially if your MacBook is older and is not lasting as long as it once did (and the built-in battery is not removable).
- 2 USB ports: Not only can this power bank charge MacBooks, but it can recharge many other USB devices such as iPhones, iPads, Android phones, and Bluetooth speakers. The power bank can adapt and supply a higher amperage to more power-hungry devices, such as the iPad as shown in my video.
- 36,000mAh: This is a very high capacity power bank that packs enough power to recharge an iPhone about 15 times. It can also provide about 1 or 2 charges to MacBooks. It would be great to have on hand if you frequently lose power at your home. It would also be great for an extended camping trip or any other situation where you would not have power available.
- Fast input charging: The special charger included with the unit can recharge the power bank overnight, and I was happy to see that it bears the UL-listed symbol.
- Case included: A soft neoprene case is included with the power bank which makes it great for travel. The MacBook charging adapters fit nicely in the front pocket, but the pocket is too small for the power brick to recharge the power bank itself.
- Design: The power bank has a silver aluminum finish and sturdy build, making it very durable.
- Free gift: I found it really thoughtful that the seller included a free gift with this unit. It was a smaller capacity power bank that is great for charging smartphones on the go.
- Weight: Given the larger capacity of this power bank, it is larger and heavier than other power banks you may have used.
- Only certain MacBooks supported: Be sure to review the listing carefully to make sure your MacBook is supported. For example, newer MacBooks that use USB-C charging are not supported at this time.
Overall, this is not only a great way to charge your phones and tablets when you experience a prolonged power outage, but it can also recharge your MacBook as well! And despite its somewhat large size, the included case makes it easy to transport.
Checkout the MAXOAK 36000mAh Power Bank for MacBooks on Amazon
— Sample provided for review