While hiking is great from getting away from it all, sometimes the silence can get boring. Rock out on your next hike with this IRULU rugged hiking Bluetooth speaker.
- Water resistant: I took this speaker into the shower with me (what better way to get acquainted with new gadgets?) and it held up fine against occasional splashes and button presses with soapy fingers. It is rated at IPX4, which means it’s OK for splashes but not full immersion in water.
- Rugged design: Most of the speaker is wrapped in shock-absorbing rubber which allows it to withstand bumps and jolts during a hike while it dangles from my backpack.
- Sound quality: This speaker gets loud and there is some bass. The treble gets a little tinny from time to time, but overall I would say the sound quality is very good.
- Micro SD card support: You can pop in a Micro SD card (aka TF card) into the back of the unit and the speaker will automatically begin playing the music files stored on the card. This is great if you don’t want to keep the speaker linked to your phone during the entire hike. (File format support: MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and APE)
- Built-in mic: You can also take phone calls on this unit thanks to the built-in mic.
- Battery life: The manufacturer states that this can get up to 10 hours of music playback time, which is likely thanks in part to the low power Bluetooth 4.0 technology used by this speaker.
- Treble: As I touched on earlier, the only issue I could find was that the treble was sometimes a little “tinny” depending on the music, but sound quality was still very good overall.
Overall, I really like the rugged design and sound quality of this unit. I’m sure the water resistance will come in handy this summer whether it is rain drops or splashes from the pool. I hope that my unbiased testing and review of this sample unit I received assists you in making an informed purchasing decision. If there is anything that I can do to improve this review, please let me know by leaving a note in the comments so I may respond. Thank you!
Check out the IRULU Hiking Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker on Amazon