Don’t let the outdoor elements prevent you from rockin’ out while you’re enjoying the outdoors. Comsun’s Bluetooth speaker features a water resistant design, rugged exterior, and even has a built-in flashlight. Oh, and it has great sound, too.
- Sound quality: This speaker gets loud and I was surprised that it even puts out some bass, although it is not as pronounced as the JBL Flip 2. This would be great for an outdoor party or for simply listening to music at home.
- Built-in flashlight: There is a dedicated flashlight button, which enables an LED light on the end. This is handy for helping you find your way in the dark or for using the speaker while camping.
- Rugged design: Most of the speaker is wrapped in shock-absorbing plastic/rubber-like material which allows it to withstand bumps and drops.
- Water resistant: This speaker worked fine for me in the shower and didn’t seem to mind the occasional splash. It is rated at IPX-4, which means it’s OK for splashes but not full immersion in water.
- Built-in mic: You can also take phone calls on this unit thanks to the built-in mic. Calls are loud and clear.
- Battery life: The manufacturer states that this can get up to about 8 hours of music playback time, which is likely thanks in part to the low power Bluetooth 4.0 technology used by this speaker.
- Aux input: If you don’t want to bother with the Bluetooth pairing process, you can simply use the included audio cable to plug this speaker into your device’s headphone jack.
- Clip: There is a clip included which enables you to hang the speaker.
- Weight: The speaker has some weight, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it makes it less than ideal for hanging from a backpack.
- Power switch: The power switch is located underneath a flap, which makes it a little more difficult to get to. I would prefer a button along the top to power the speaker on/off since this is a frequently used function.
Overall, I really like the rugged design and sound quality of this unit. And thanks to the splash-proof design, this speaker is great for taking near (but not in) the pool or if you think you may get caught out in a light rain shower.