Sick of the cord getting in way of your music? The TaoTronics TT-BH05 Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds takes the tangle out of traditional earbuds.
- Design: This lightweight, minimal design makes these earbuds easy to wear. The flat cord sits comfortably behind my neck and is does not tangle as easily as other earbuds I have used.
- Comfort: I was a little leery of the “fins” sticking out of each earbud, but they are very soft and fit well in my ear. They do a great job helping to hold the earbuds in place. There are also 3 different sized ear tips included, which are also soft and comfortable.
- Sound quality: Once you have the earbuds in securely, the sound quality is excellent with good bass response.
- Inline Remote: There is a remote control on the cable that you can use to skip or rewind the current track, pause and start the music, adjust the volume (by holding down the + and — buttons) and answer calls. There is also a built-in mic in the remote which appears to work well for picking up my voice.
- Micro USB Port: Thankfully, these earbuds do not require a special charger. They charge with a standard Micro USB cable.
- Range: TaoTronics states that these earbuds have an improved ceramic antennae, which appears to be true as I can get about 20-30 feet away (with walls in between) from my phone without interrupting the music.
- Battery: The battery charge for these earbuds show on my iPhone’s status bar, which I really appreciate. I haven’t been able to fully test the battery run-time yet, but I’ve use it for few hours and they are still going strong. UPDATE: Now that I’ve had the headphones for a few months, I have found that they last about 5-6 hours between charges.
- Noise cancellation: The including ear-tips seal out outside sounds, so these are great for concentrating at the office or even while running the vacuum at home.
- Manual: The included manual (yes, there is actually a printed manual!) is well written and provides good detail on the operation of these earbuds.
- Staying in place: While the fins do a good job of keeping the earbuds in your ear, there is some weight to the remote. I assume the larger battery and improved antennae take up a good amount of space, so the weight of the remote can sometimes cause the right earbud to pull out of your ear canal if you’ve very active. Therefore, these earbuds would be more suitable for working at the office, playing video games, walking, etc. If you’re running, you may have difficulty keeping these earbuds in place during your workout. However, they are fine for a weight training routine at the gym or even while doing chores around the house.
- No Siri: I could not find a way to invoke Siri using the inline remote on these earbuds.
Overall, these a very high quality earbuds that are lightweight, comfortable, and easy to use. If you’re tired of getting tangled up in the cord of your traditional earbuds (or, if you’re like me and you’ve pulled your phone off your desk when you stand up at work), you’ll appreciate the wireless freedom and comfort of these TaoTronics Bluetooth Earbuds.
Additional specifications from the manual:
- Bluetooth version: V4.0 with EDT
- Bluetooth profile: AD2P, AVRCP
- Audio Codec: apt-X
- Range: 33 feet
- Rated Power: 10mW
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Charging Power: USB 5V
- Battery: Li-Polymer
- Working Time: 6 hours
- Standby Time: 120 hours
- Charging Time: 1 hour
- Cable length: 21”
- Weight: 0.5oz