BC MASTER 10000mAh Portable Charger with 18W PD & Quick Charge 3.0 Review
The BC Master power bank has a textured, plastic shell that is easy to hold and easily slip in and out of a large pocket. On one end is a Micro USB input for charging, a USB-C port for input and output, and a regular-sized USB-A port for output.
The power bank is fairly thin and lightweight, making it ideal for travel. The dimensions are 5.70 inches long x 2.66 inches wide x 0.63” inches thick. There are four blue LEDs on top that indicate the current charge level when you press the side button.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0: The USB-A port can output up to 12 volts if a compatible Quick Charge device is connected. Otherwise, it will output the normal 5V ⎓ 2.4A standard for phones and tablets.
- USB-C Power Delivery: The USB-C port can output 5V ⎓ 3A, 9V ⎓ 2A, or 12V ⎓ 1.5A to support fast charging of compatible devices, such as an iPhone 8 or newer. While some USB-C compatible laptops may be able to charge with these higher voltages, in most cases they will charge very slowly.
- 10,000mAh capacity: Enough to charge many smartphones 3 to 4 times.
The power bank can output up to 18 watts via the Power Delivery USB-C port, which I found to be capable of charging my Dell Chromebook. This can also be used to charge other devices such as an iPhone 8 or newer (with a USB-C-to-Lightning cable, not included) or other USB-C devices such as the Nintendo Switch (while in “sleep mode”).
As you can see in the photo below, the power bank was able to deliver 18 watts (approximately 9V ⎓ 2A) to my Dell Chromebook. This can effectively charge compatible laptops when the laptop is powered off, but may not be enough power to charge and use the laptop at the same time depending on what you’re doing on the laptop while it is on.
Please note that the power bank supports a maximum output of 18 watts combined, so it would not be able to output the maximum 18 watt current via the USB-A and USB-C ports simultaneously. It also cannot be charged via the Micro USB and USB-C ports simultaneously.
Micro-USB Input: 5V⎓2A, 9V⎓2A
USB-C Input: (18W Power Delivery 3.0) 5V⎓3A, 9V⎓2A
USB-C Output: (18W Power Delivery 3.0) 5V⎓3A, 9V⎓2A, 12V⎓1.5A
USB Output: (Quick Charge 3.0) 5–6V⎓3A, 6–9V⎓2A, 9–12V⎓1.5A
The BC Master 10,000mAh power bank supports Power Delivery up to 18 watts and Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 technology. This is enough power to charge many smartphones up to 3 to 4 times.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatibility
- Power Delivery 18W USB-C
- Maximum 18 watts output combined