Anker PowerPort 2 USB Charger Review (2016 version)
Wherever your travels take you, you’ll definitely want to take the Anker PowerPort 2 along with you.
- Two ports: Both ports feature Anker’s PowerIQ technology, meaning that each one can provide up to 2.4 amps of power if your device (such as an iPad) requires it. Otherwise, it will provide the standard 1 amp charge used by most smartphones. You don’t have to worry about which device you plug into which port, as both ports will automatically adapt to whatever you plug in.
- Blue/Green LED: This light is surprisingly handy! When it is green, your device is charging at full speed. When it turns blue, your device is either “trickle” charging (>90% full) or fully charged. It’s very handy to see at a glance if your device is charged and ready to go. Also, the LED light is subtle and not so bright that it will light up the room at night.
- Foldable prongs: This is essential for a travel chargers, and I really like that the power prongs fold into the unit which makes it easy to pack and travel with.
- No vampire power: When I plugged the Anker PowerPort 2 into my Kill-a-Watt power meter, it didn’t register any electrical draw when there was nothing plugged into it. So it shouldn’t affect your electric bill by leaving it plugged in all the time.
- No Quick Charge technology: If you’re looking for a charger for your Quick Charge-compatible device, check out the Anker’s PowerPort+ (note the “plus”) line.
Overall, this charger performs great and is ideal for travel with its foldable prongs and dim LED light.
Check out the Anker PowerPort 2 on Amazon
— Sample provided for review
Each of the 2 ports on the Anker PowerPort 2 can provide up to 2.4 amps of power, allowing it to charge 2 iPads at full speed simultaneously. It also works great for smartphones, Bluetooth speakers, and other gadgets. The foldable prongs make it a great travel companion.