Anker has redesigned their popular 2-port USB charger for 2017. So what’s new with Anker PowerPort 2 Elite?
- NEW! Durability: Anker has made the “Elite” version of the PowerPort 2 a little more durable than previous versions with a matte, scratch-resistant exterior. This new design is slightly larger than the previous version.
- Two ports: Both ports feature Anker’s PowerIQ technology, meaning that each one can provide up to 2.4 amps of power if your device (such as an iPad) requires it. Otherwise, it will provide the standard 1 amp charge used by most smartphones. You don’t have to worry about which device you plug into which port, as both ports will automatically adapt to whatever you plug in.
- Foldable prongs: This is essential for a travel chargers, and I really like that the power prongs fold into the unit which makes it easy to pack and travel with.
- No vampire power: When I plugged the Anker PowerPort 2 Elite into my Kill-a-Watt power meter, it didn’t register any electrical draw when there was nothing plugged into it. So it shouldn’t affect your electric bill by leaving it plugged in all the time.
- Safety: Under a full load, the PowerPort 2 Elite became warm, but not alarmingly hot. Anker puts several protection features into the PowerPort, including surge and overcharge protections.
- LED does not change color: Unlike last year’s model, the LED does not change colors to indicate when the connected devices are done charging.
- Larger size: Oddly, the PowerPort 2 Elite is slightly larger than last year’s PowerPort 2.
- No Quick Charge technology: If you’re looking for a charger for your Quick Charge-compatible device, check out the Anker’s PowerPort+ (note the “plus”) line of chargers.
Overall, this charger performs great and is ideal for travel with its foldable prongs and more rugged design.
Check out the Anker PowerPort 2 Elite on Amazon
Anker Elite Dual Port 24W USB Travel Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ and Foldable Plug, for iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6s / 6s Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini 3 / mini 4, Samsung Note 4, and More
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 20 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Less Time Charging: Patented PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies charge any device at its fastest possible speed, up to 2.4A. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge).
- Durable Design: Robust textured casing and premium internal components ensure perfect performance regardless of scrapes, bumps, or drops.
- Travel Ready: Compact design, foldable plug and 100-240 volt input are ideal for worldwide travel.
- What You Get: Anker PowerPort 2 Elite, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Anker PowerCore+ 26800, Premium Portable Charger, High Capacity 26800mAh External Battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (in- and output), Includes PowerPort+ 1 Wall Charger
3 used from $ 85.49
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 20 million+ powered by America's leading USB charging brand.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0: Using Qualcomm's advanced Quick Charge 3.0 technology, PowerCore+ allows compatible devices to charge 85% faster. Recharges itself 2X as fast with the included wall charger.
- Fast-Charging Technology: Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies combine to provide universal full speed charging for non-Quick Charge devices, up to 3 amps per port.
- Ultra-High Capacity: PowerCore+ 26800 is one of the world's highest capacity portable charger with Quick Charge 3.0 technology. It charges the iPhone 6s 9 times, the Galaxy S6 over seven times or the 2015 MacBook more than three times.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore+ 26800, PowerPort+ 1 with Quick Charge 3.0, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our 18-month worry-free warranty and friendly customer service.