Although my car already has a USB port, I typically like to have separate USB ports for my friends, mainly so they can charge their phones without taking over my music. 🙂 The Anker PowerDrive 2 Elite gets the job done and matches my car’s interior to boot!
- Two Power IQ ports: Both ports use Anker’s PowerIQ technology, which allows each port to supply up to 2.4 amps of power to devices that need it (4.8 amps total). I tested this out by charging my iPad and a friend’s iPad at the same time and verified that both ports could output over 2 amps. This can come in handy if you have kids in the back seat and you need to charge their tablets while watching movies (Anker also makes extra-long charging cables that reach the back seat).
- Blue LED illumination: My car’s uses blue LED accent lighting, so the PowerDrive compliments it perfectly. A blue LED allows both ports to glow, making it easy to plug in a charging cable in the dark. And the LED is not so bright that it is distracting at night; it provides a nice, soft glow.
- Safety: There are built in protections against surges and overheating. While the charger did become warm while in use (even more so when charging two devices), it did not feel like it was going to melt or burn anything.
- Durable: I’ve left this charger plugged in my car and the cold and hot weather doesn’t seem to affect it.
- Charging cables not included: You will need to remember to bring your own charging cables. Anker makes heavy nylon cables that I have also found to hold up very well in the car (and wild temperature swings).
- No Quick Charge: Please note that there is no Qualcomm Quick Charge technology on this particular car charger. For that, check out the PowerDrive Speed.
Overall, I really like the PowerDrive 2 Elite’s combination of style and function. The carbon-fiber mesh exterior and blue glow looks great in my car and the two charging ports allow my friend’s to recharge their phones without taking over my music.
Check out the Anker PowerDrive 2 Elite on Amazon
Special Deal: Use code KINJA212 March 8st – March 14th