Anker PowerCore Slim 5000 Review
Technically Well is supported by our readers. When you purchase an item through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more in our disclosures.
Anker already has a 5,000mAh power bank, so what’s different about this one? It’s flat design makes it the perfect phone companion. Here’s why.
- Flat design: Power banks are meant to charge your device on-the-go, and the flat design of the PowerCore Slim 5000 definitely helps with that “on-the-go” part. You can easily stack the PowerCore Slim behind your smartphone and fit them both in your pocket while charging.
- 5000mAh: The capacity is enough to provide a up to 2 full recharges, although larger phones may only get around 1.5 charges from this power bank.
- LED indicators: A single press of the power button on the Anker PowerCore Slim 5000 lights up to 3 LEDs to let you know how much capacity is remaining.
- 2 amp output: Although this won’t supply a full charge to an iPad, the partial charge you do get is delivered at top speed, thanks to Anker’s PowerIQ technology and the 2 amp output. Some newer phones also accept a charging input higher than 1 amp.
- 2 amp input: If you have your iPad charger handy, or one of Anker’s USB wall chargers, you can use it to recharge this power bank about twice as fast as a normal USB port will charge it.
- Safety: As is typical with Anker’s products, the PowerCore Slim 5000 incorporates safety circuits to protect your devices from surges. I noticed the PowerCore Slim 5000 becomes warm when it’s either charging a device or being charged itself, but it did not become alarmingly hot.
- Thick: The PowerCore Slim 5000 will make your smartphone about twice as thick when stacked, so it may be uncomfortable if you have tight pockets.
- Short cable needed: If you use a long charging cable, it will likely defeat the whole “pocket-friendliness” aspect of this product. Anker does make short Lightning and Micro USB charging cables.
Overall, the PowerCore Slim 5000 is an ideal pocket companion that packs up to 2 full phone charges. And it comes with Anker’s top-of-the-line 18-month warranty.
Check out the Anker PowerCore Slim 5000 on Amazon
The PowerCore Slim 5000 comes with the reliability and reputation of Anker in a new flat, stackable design. This makes it ideal for carrying in your pocket with your phone. It stores enough power for about 2 phone recharges.
- Slim design
- Pocket friendly
- 2 phone recharges
- No integrated cables