Anker already has a 5,000mAh power bank, so what’s different about this one? It’s flat design makes it the perfect phone companion. Here’s why.
- Flat design: Power banks are meant to charge your device on-the-go, and the flat design of the PowerCore Slim 5000 definitely helps with that “on-the-go” part. You can easily stack the PowerCore Slim behind your smartphone and fit them both in your pocket while charging.
- 5000mAh: The capacity is enough to provide a up to 2 full recharges, although larger phones may only get around 1.5 charges from this power bank.
- LED indicators: A single press of the power button on the Anker PowerCore Slim 5000 lights up to 3 LEDs to let you know how much capacity is remaining.
- 2 amp output: Although this won’t supply a full charge to an iPad, the partial charge you do get is delivered at top speed, thanks to Anker’s PowerIQ technology and the 2 amp output. Some newer phones also accept a charging input higher than 1 amp.
- 2 amp input: If you have your iPad charger handy, or one of Anker’s USB wall chargers, you can use it to recharge this power bank about twice as fast as a normal USB port will charge it.
- Safety: As is typical with Anker’s products, the PowerCore Slim 5000 incorporates safety circuits to protect your devices from surges. I noticed the PowerCore Slim 5000 becomes warm when it’s either charging a device or being charged itself, but it did not become alarmingly hot.
- Thick: The PowerCore Slim 5000 will make your smartphone about twice as thick when stacked, so it may be uncomfortable if you have tight pockets.
- Short cable needed: If you use a long charging cable, it will likely defeat the whole “pocket-friendliness” aspect of this product. Anker does make short Lightning and Micro USB charging cables.
Overall, the PowerCore Slim 5000 is an ideal pocket companion that packs up to 2 full phone charges. And it comes with Anker’s top-of-the-line 18-month warranty.
Check out the Anker PowerCore Slim 5000 on Amazon
The PowerCore Slim 5000 comes with the reliability and reputation of Anker in a new flat, stackable design. This makes it ideal for carrying in your pocket with your phone. It stores enough power for about 2 phone recharges.
- Slim design
- Pocket friendly
- 2 phone recharges
- No integrated cables