Anker’s PowerCore 13000 power bank is a great travel companion, delivering a solid charge for up to 2 devices simultaneously.
- 13,000mAh capacity: This Anker unit packs a lot of power. 13,000mAh is enough to recharge an iPhone about 5-6 times and an iPad about 1.5 times. This makes the unit great to have on hand when you’re traveling and won’t have access to a power outlet for a couple days.
- Compact size: The PowerCore 13000 is sleek and has a smooth, matte finish. It’s not a fingerprint-magnet like some of Anker’s earlier power banks. While it may be too big for your pocket, it fits nicely in a backpack or laptop bag.
- PowerIQ: This smart identification technology from Anker means that the unit can adapt to basically any device you plug it into it. In my video, you can see that the PowerIQ port provides 1 amp to my iPhone 5S, which is the maximum it can handle. I then use the same port with my iPad Air 2 and the Anker unit adapts, providing the 2 amp charge that my iPad needs to fast charge.
- 2 USB ports: This allows you to charge two devices at the same time, with each port receiving up to 2 amps. For example, you could charge your phone and a tablet at the same time, or you could share the second port with a friend to charge both of your phones simultaneously.
- 2 amp input: An external battery with this 13,000mAh capacity could take the better part of a day to fully recharge. However, this Anker unit has a 2 amp input, so it charges twice as fast as other units (it can typically fully charge overnight at 2 amps). You will need a 2 amp charger to get the fastest charging speed, such as the charging brick that comes with an iPad or one of Anker’s own USB desktop chargers. Don’t worry if you only have a 1 amp charger (like the charger that came with your phone) as it will still recharge this Anker unit, just at a slower rate.
- Charge gauge: Tapping the power button on the side of the unit shows the remaining capacity of the Anker unit using 4 blue LEDs. This makes it easy to see if you need to charge the unit before your next trip.
- 18-month warranty: I used Anker’s customer service one time in the past when I had an issue with a charger and they were friendly and efficient.
- Lightning cable not included: If you have an iPhone, you’ll need to use one of your own Lightning cables as one is not included with this PowerCore unit. It does come with a Micro USB cable which can be used to recharge the PowerCore itself and most Android phones.
- AC charger not included: This is typical with most power banks, but I thought I would point out that there is no AC charger included with this unit. You can likely use the power brick that came with your phone or tablet. In a pinch you could use your computer’s USB ports, but recharging can be extremely slow from a computer USB port (especially if it is an older USB 2.0 port).
Anker’s known for their high quality power banks, and the new PowerCore line from Anker is no exception. The solid construction and powerful performance in this PowerCore unit is great for keeping your gadgets charged while you’re on the go. And I like the dual USB ports that allow me to charge my phone and a friend’s phone at the same time.
Check out the Anker PowerCore 13000 External Power Bank on Amazon
— Sample provided for review purposes