Anker’s new A7909 Bluetooth speaker features two 5W drivers and a dedicated bass port on the side to deliver some impressive sound quality.
- Sound quality: The sound quality on this unit is great. This speaker gets loud and I was surprised that it puts out a good amount of bass, thanks to the built-in bass port on the side. I would say the sound quality is on par with my JBL Flip 2, although the bass on the Anker unit may be just a hair below the JBL unit.
- Simple design: A really like the minimalistic design of this speaker. I don’t need to worry about which button to hold down to change the volume. There are just two simple volume buttons on top and a power button on the side.
- Battery life: The built-in 6200mAh lasts most of the day (which definitely beats the 4-5 battery life of the JBL Flip 2).
- Aux input: If you don’t want to bother with the Bluetooth pairing process, you can simply use the included audio cable to plug this speaker into your device’s headphone jack.
- Micro USB charging: This unit uses a standard Micro USB port to recharge.
- Bluetooth 4.0: This speaker uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology which provides a slightly longer range and improved battery life on your device.
- Some missing features: I’ve tested a few Bluetooth speakers and noticed that this unit is missing some of the now common features: no skip/rewind buttons, no built-in microphone for phone calls, and no iOS battery gauge.
- Hiss: When there is no music playing, there is a slight hiss coming from the speaker. But I don’t notice it while the music is playing, so this isn’t a big deal for me.
Overall, I really like the great sound and minimalist design of this speaker. The included bass port really makes a difference and makes this great for parties or for simply enjoying some music at home.
Check out the Anker A7909 Bluetooth Speaker on Amazon
— Sample provided for review