The OLALA C2-i 6000mAh power bank features a nice balance between capacity and portability, and the built-in Lightning cable has enough of an extension to reach inside many cases.
- Built-in charging cord: This OLALA power bank features a built-in MFi-certified Lightning cable for iPhones. And unlike the Jackery Bolt, the connector is raised enough from its base to reach inside my Spigen iPhone case.
- Extra USB port: Android users are not completely left out. You can use your own charging cord with the full-sized USB port on the power bank.
- 6000mAh capacity: This provides enough juice for about 2 full recharges to most smartphones, or a partial charge to an iPad.
- Safety features: If the recent reports of exploding lithium batteries have you concerned, you can rest easy knowing that OLALA puts a large emphasis on the safety of their power banks. They incorporate over-current and short-circuit protections.
- 2 amp input: You don’t need to wait around all day for this power bank to recharge. If you use a 2 amp charging brick (such as the one that came with your iPad, or this AmazonBasics unit) to recharge this unit, it can typically be done in about 4 hours.
- Flat design: While the plastic casing doesn’t give much of a “premium” feel, I like that it is flat and stacks well with my iPhone in my pocket.
- 1 amp output via built-in cable: While this wouldn’t fully charge an iPad anyways, the built-in Lightning cable only supplies a 1 amp out. However, the full-sized USB port can provide a 2 amp output for faster charging of iPads and the iPhone 6/s Plus.
- No built-in cable for recharging the power bank: To recharge the power bank itself, you’ll still need to remember to bring the included Micro USB cable (and a USB wall charger, which is not included).
This OLALA power bank is one of my go-to batteries since it’s easy to just grab-and-go without needing to also grab a separate Lightning cable. And I really appreciate the little extra extension they put on the Lightning connector so that it works with my case.
Check out the OLALA C2-i 6000mAh Power Bank on Amazon
— Sample provided for review