The iClever BoostSound may not be as small and portable as other Bluetooth speakers, but it makes up for it with a richer bass sound.
- Sound quality: This speaker has a more prominent bass sound than many other Bluetooth speakers in this price range. Highs can sound a little muddy at times, but overall the sound quality is impressive on this unit. The unit features two 10-watt drivers and an enhanced bass port.
- Design: I like the red color and simple design of this speaker. The volume/music controls are located along the top. The power switch is located on the back which is a little inconvenient. However, I actually prefer a physical power switch instead of a touch control I need to hold down, so I don’t mind the location of the power switch since it’s easy to feel around and find it on the back.
- Speakerphone: With the built-in microphone, you can answer an incoming call with this speaker and use it as a speakerphone. However, I found the volume for calls to be a little too soft.
- Battery life: The built-in battery provides up to 14 hours of playtime. You can also check the battery status on iOS devices in the status bar.
- Volume sync: Adjusting the volume on the speaker also changes the volume on my iPhone, so there’s only one overall volume control to mess with.
- Touch controls: The “buttons” across the top are touch-activated. With my dry winter skin, I find that the buttons are slow to respond to presses and sometimes require some extra force.
- Highs: As I touched upon earlier, the enhanced bass can sometime make the highs sound a bit muddy.
Overall, the iClever BoostSound Bluetooth V4.2 Speaker provides an enhanced bass response with long battery life and an attractive yet minimal design.
Check out the iClever BoostSound Bluetooth V4.2 Speaker on Amazon