The over-the-ear hooks make the Hussar Magicbuds a great workout partner. And I swear I’ve seen that black and red design before…
- Over-the-ear hooks: There are a lot of Bluetooth earbuds available on Amazon that sound great, but don’t always stay in your ear while you’re running or working out. The over-the-ear hooks on these earbuds solve that issue. I did a quick test by running in place, doing jumping jacks, and doing push-ups, and the earbuds stayed in my ear without an issue.
- Sound quality: The sound or these earbuds is great! When sealed into my ear canal, I get a good bass response and the music quality is very good. At higher volumes I did notice some bass distortion, but still very good sound quality overall.
- Controls: There is no remote to flop around and hit your face. The controls are built-in to the earbuds. They are fairly easy to find and use while running, and make it easy to skip, rewind, and adjust the volume.
- Design: The black and red design of these earbuds may remind you of a certain other, well-known brand. But at a fraction of the cost.
- Built-in mic: If you receive an incoming call while using these earbuds, you can answer it thanks to the built-in microphone.Bluetooth 4.1: In additional to improved sound quality, Bluetooth 4.1 also has improved battery life for both your phone and the earbuds (as long as your phone is Bluetooth 4.1 compatible as well).
- Noise cancelling: Please note that these earbuds do a good job of blocking out the noises around you. You’ll want to use caution if running near traffic or crowded areas.
Overall, I like the design and sound quality of these earbuds. I also like the secure fit that keeps these in place during my workout.
Maintenance: Here are some tips I’ve gathered from my own personal use and from some other users for extending the life of these headphones:
- Don’t charge them overnight. If possible, take them off the charger after 2 hours or as soon as they’re charged. Lower-cost earbuds sometimes don’t have the same overcharging protection as larger units do, so prolonged charging can wear out the battery quickly.
- Dry off the earbuds with a towel after each use.
- Make sure the flap is completely on the charging port to keep out sweat and moisture.
- If you find that the cord is sticking to your neck and causing strain on the earbuds when you turn your head, consider getting a small clip to secure the cord to your shirt collar.
Check out the Hussar Magicbuds Bluetooth Headphones on Amazon
— Sample provided for review