It was a busy day for Apple. Here’s a quick rundown of today’s announcements.
Apple Pay will go live on Monday, October 20th for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users
Apple Watch is still on schedule to come out in early 2015, but a specific date hasn’t been announced yet.
iOS 8.1 will be released on Monday, October 20th and improvements will include
- the return of Camera Roll
- Apple Pay for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iCloud Photo Library: all edits and organizations will sync between devices
OS 10 Yosemite was released today for free.
A Yosemite-compatible version of iWork was also released today as a free update.
iPad Air 2 will be available for preorder October 17 (shipping next week) and includes:
- an even thinner design (18% thinner than the iPad Air)
- anti-reflective coating on the display (56% less reflective than previous generation iPads)
- A8X processor that is up to 40% faster
- 10-hour battery life
- 8MP iSight camera that can shoot 1080 HD video and include time-lapse and panorama functions
- Touch ID sensor
- Apple Pay for online purchasing (no retail Point-of-Sale as it does not include an NFC chip)
iPad mini 3 will also ship next week and includes the new Touch ID sensor.
The iMac will be updated with a Retina display option:
- 27” display showing off 14.7 million pixels
- 5 mm thin design
- 5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Pricing starts at $2499
Mac Mini was updated to 4th-gen Intel processors with Intel Iris and HD Graphics 5000 with pricing now starting at $499.