Anker’s popular 5-port smart charger gets an upgrade with the addition of a 6th port for Quick Charge 2.0 charging.
- 5 ports + 1 Quick Charge port: If you’re familiar with Anker’s popular 5-port charger, this unit is similar except that there is a 6th port for Quick Charge 2.0 devices. However, if you don’t have any Quick Charge 2.0 compatible devices, the 6th port does not go to waste: the 6th port can also provide a regular 5V USB charge to phones, tablets, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- 60 watts: 60 watts of power at 5 volts means that there are 12 amps available total from this charger. So you could charge 6 iPads at the same time at full speed as each iPad would receive the 2 amps needed to fast charge.
- Power IQ: Each port has a smart identification chip so that you basically plug any device into any port and it will adapt to its unique charging requirements. So I can plug my iPad into any of the ports and get a fast charge without needing to worry if I’m using the correct port or not.
- Design: This unit has a compact, sleek design with a brushed aluminum finish surrounding the ports and a matte plastic casing around the rest of the unit.
- Cable tie: OK, this is minor, but I really appreciate when companies include a Velcro cable tie already wrapped on the power cord. It saves me the trouble of attaching a cable tie myself.
- Safety: You may be thinking that charging 6 devices at one time is sure to be a fire hazard, but Anker builds in multiple safety features in their products. In the past, I overloaded one of their 5 port chargers and it correctly shut off and needed to be unplugged in order to reset.
- Casing: While I like the compact design of the unit, the plastic casing gives it somewhat of a cheap feeling.
Overall, this is a sleek charger that expands the capabilities of Anker’s popular 5-port smart charger by adding a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 port. Anker also backs their products with an 18-month warranty if you run into any issues.
Check out the Anker PowerPort+ 6 Charger on Amazon
— Sample provided for review