Anker’s new 5000mAh capacity power bank has a portable, round design and enough power for recharge your phone up to 2 times.
- Portability: The tube design of the PowerCore 5000 is similar to the Anker PowerCore Mini, although it is about twice as round and is a little less “pocket-friendly”. However, the extra size come with extra capacity, allowing you to squeeze out almost 2 full charges (compared to 1 from the PowerCore Mini).
- 5000mAh: The capacity is enough to provide a up to 2 full recharges, although larger phones may only get around 1.5 charges from this power bank.
- LED indicator: A single press of the power button on the Anker PowerCore 5000 lights up to 3 LEDs to let you know how much capacity is remaining.
- 2 amp output: Although this won’t supply a full charge to an iPad, the partial charge you do get is delivered at top speed, thanks to Anker’s PowerIQ technology and the 2 amp output.
- 2 amp input: If you have your iPad charger handy, or one of Anker’s USB wall chargers, you can use it to recharge this power bank about twice as fast as a normal USB port will charge it.
- Safety: As is typical with Anker’s products, the PowerCore 5000 incorporates safety circuits to protect your devices from surges. While the power bank did get warm when I used it to charge, I did not feel it would burn me at any point.
- Size: The PowerCore 5000 is significantly larger than the PowerCore Mini, so if you plan to carry the 5000 in your pocket, be prepared for some “are you happy to see me?” jokes.
Check out the Anker PowerCore 5000 on Amazon
–Sample provided for review